Top 70 Staking Providers
Top 70 Staking Providers | 2021
- In this article, you will find the best overview of the Staking Provider market 2021. You will find the globally most relevant Validators / Staking Providers in our Top 70 Staking Provider Map and Staking Provider Database 2021.
What is Staking?
- You can explain Staking (Proof-of-Stake) as a mechanism where you delegate your stake or tokens to a validator address and in return your receive rewards for that action. Receiving Staking rewards is one important part of the Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism. But more important is that you secure the network by locking up your tokens for a certain time. If you put these two components together, staking means:
Token holders are getting rewarded for securing the Proof of Stake network by delegating to a validator.
What are Staking Providers?
- Staking Providers or Validators are professional POS companies that offer a Proof-of-Stake service and the best infrastructure for running the validator nodes and guaranteeing a high uptime of the nodes. These companies take care of the whole value chain of the staking process.
- That service is not for free. The Staking Providers charge a fee for that service, typically a percentage of the rewards. That can vary from 1-20%.
- By using a third-party Staking Provider you can participate in staking without having the technical knowledge.
- The biggest Proof-of-Work networks are Ethereum 2.0, Cosmos, Polkadot, Solana, Cardano, Terra, Avalanche and much more.
- Next to specialized Staking Providers also a lot of big crypto exchanges offer staking services and share the rewards with their clients. They take a higher reward sharing percentage than classic validators. Staking rewards can be seen as yield or locking your tokens.
Choosing a Staking Provider / Validator?
- Before you delegate the tokens from your wallet to a validator you should note the following points. The bigger and more professional (reliable) staking providers will keep your funds more secure as well as grow them reliably. If you have the time, knowledge and money, you also run your own private validator node. More convenient is to choose a reliable validator provider and delegate the tokens to this trustworthy service.
- Please check these 7 points before delegating to a validator:
- A: Uptime: means the percentage of time a validator is online. This indicates a validator’s reliability. It is important because longer downtimes can have slashing as a result and that costs return.
- B: You should check the history of slashing — Slashing is the process of punishing a validator for being unavailable or making mistakes while signing blocks.
- C: Date of starting the service / operational time of the provider — it is likely that validators that support multiple networks and are operating for a long time are more experienced and reliable.
- D: Financial situation and the health of the company — There are costs associated with building and maintaining secure validator infrastructure which includes hardware costs, employment costs, etc.
- E: Is governance support provided? — How actively do they participate in protocol governance and similar discussions indicate their intent to further the cause of decentralization.
- F: Check the community on all channels like podcast, website, telegram, discord and so on. Is the validator active in different networks and has he a good reputation. Also, chat with some community members before and make your own impression.
- G: Who is the team behind the Staking Provider — Always check out the validator’s team page, Twitter accounts of founders, and more. Do the background check like you do before buying a car 😉
5 Highlighted Staking Providers
- Earn Rewards on Digital Assets – ENTERPRISE-GRADE WEB 3.0 INFRASTRUCTURE & SERVICES.
- Secure blockchain ecosystems by staking tokens and participate in the next evolution of the internet!
- Stakin Your trusted Crypto Rewards.
- Stakin leverages the infrastructure of leading cloud and Tier 3 colocation providers so you don’t have to operate a node by yourself. We also use sentry nodes, HSMs, and live monitoring tools to ensure that our validation operations run with 99%+ uptime.
- Building Web 3.
- Figment has built an advanced blockchain platform by applying 30+ years of real-world experience operating critical internet infrastructure. Figment supports over 40 protocols that form the backbone of Web 3 and decentralized finance. Our success is measured by generating stable returns on digital assets and by fueling innovation and growth across the Proof of Stake ecosystem.
- Earn Rewards On Cryptoassets
- Chorus One helps you securely increase your crypto holdings by participating in decentralized networks.
- Earn Rewards while Mitigating Risk
- Blockdaemon is the most battle-tested node provider. Staking on our public validators to get competitive yields on your staking investments while avoiding risk
- Don´t miss any NFT insights. Get involved in DeFi & NFTs & Web3 for free!
Top 70 Staking Providers | Overview 2021:
- The Top 70 Staking Providers Database 2021 by DezentralizedFinance.com.
Summary – Top 70 Staking Providers | 2021:
- Staking Providers and Validators add a big value to the Crypto ecosystem as more and more networks & protocols are using Proof-of-Stake (POS) consensus mechanism, like Solana, Polkadot, Cosmos or Ethereum 2.0. In this article, you will get the best overview of the global Staking Provider ecosystem 2021. The Staking Provider database & map 2021 is separated into different continents (Europe, Asia, USA). Moreover, you get a short description of the Staking Provider and direct links to the website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- If you have any questions about the Top 70 Staking Providers, please reach out to us.
Enjoy the Top 70 Staking Providers ecosystem overview 2021 by DezentralizedFinance.com!
- Find more valuable information about our Staking Providers and Staking Networks at DezentralizedFinance.com.
- If you have questions, please reach out to us via LinkedIn or Twitter.
- RISK DISCLAIMER: All information presented above is meant for informational purposes only and should not be treated as financial, legal, or tax advice. This article’s content solely reflects the opinion of the writer, who is not a financial advisor. Do your own research before you purchase cryptocurrencies. Any cryptocurrency can go down in value, also to zero. Holding cryptocurrencies is very risky.