Book an advertising package and share your brand with our community. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are looking for a unique ecosystem map of your own crypto project or brand? Contact: email@example.com
What does Decentralized Finance (DeFi) mean?
In simple words, decentralized finance or DeFI is a concept where traditional financial services (lending, trading, borrowing etc.) and products are available to use on a public decentralized blockchain. It is open to any individual and avoiding to go through middlemen like corporations, banks or brokerage firms. When you use a bank or trading account you need a government-issued ID, your social security number and proof of address.
At the moment (regulation is moving slowly) you don’t need these attributes in the DeFi world. More specifically, in the DeFi world you can use these financial services via using and trusting a digital blockchain-based smart contract. You believe in code and less in people. In the DeFi system, software written on blockchains makes it possible for buyers and sellers and lenders and borrowers to interact peer-to-peer without a middleman.
The financial world is changing fast, and DeFi will have a massive disruptive impact on that industry in the next decade.
Different technologies and network structures are used to achieve the goal of pure decentralization. As an example, a decentralized system can consist of a mixture of open-source protocols, blockchain, and software.
Smart contracts automate agreements between buyers and sellers or lenders and borrowers to make these new products usable. By design DeFi systems are structured to remove intermediaries between two parties.
TOP 20 DeFi Newsletters & TOP 20 DeFi Podcasts
Education is King! Learning about DeFi and Web 3.0 will pay off in the future, as the new basic finance and internet infrastructure is built at the moment. To get a good knowledge base it is important to follow different sources of content.
Therefore DezentralizedFinance.com is updating the DeFi newsletter and DeFi podcast list on a frequent level. Search for newsletter sand podcasts that fit your profile, follow them and learn as much about the new decentralized world as you can. We recommend following a few of these content creators and read or hear the content once a week, maybe on the weekends to stay up to date in the DeFi ecosystem. Podcasts are very easy to consume, also in the car or public transport system. So you can use the time when you move from A to B very effectively.
Next to consuming content, we recommend collecting practical experience by using the DeFi protocols, tools and services. Downloading a wallet, connecting a wallet with a DeFi application and being active with your tokens (farming, lending or liquidity providing) can bring you more than reading a whole crypto book.
As we are pretty early in the DeFi development we recommend only using very small amounts of tokens when you test the applications. Please also read our Risk Disclaimer, as it is possible to lose 100% of the used tokens. Crypto is a high-risk asset.
Back to the DeFi content. DezentralizedFinance.com will summarize the content of different DeFi newsletter editions in our DeFi Newsletter Aggregator. You can sign up for the DeFi newsletter aggregator here. The DeFi news aggregator will be published every 7-14 days.
I am looking forward to your feedback about our DeFi newsletters & podcasts database and the unique DeFi providers if you have gathered experience. Our databases are updated regularly.
This is no financial advice, please read our Risk Disclaimer.
If there are any relevant DeFi newsletters or podcasts missing, please let us know.
- Best 20 Fiat-to-Crypto Onramp Services September 25, 2022
- Best 50 Crypto Infrastructure Projects Ecosystem September 20, 2022
- What is Aptos Network | Aptos Ecosystem Overview 2022 September 1, 2022
- Top 30 Web3 Data & Analytic Tools August 19, 2022
- Best 70 Crypto Payment Services August 15, 2022
- Top 10 Crypto AML Analytic Services August 9, 2022
- Top 18 Crypto Oracles Services August 3, 2022
- Top 130 European Web3 and DeFi Venture Capital Funds June 23, 2022
- Top 150 Asian Web3 and DeFi Venture Capital Funds June 20, 2022
- Top 270 USA Web3 and DeFi Venture Capital Funds June 10, 2022
- Top 80 Crypto VCs by Julian Richter August 18, 2021 (28,645)
- Best 130 Crypto Venture Capital Companies by Julian Richter November 1, 2021 (7,736)
- Top 5 Liquidity Pool Trackers and Analytics by Julian Richter January 10, 2022 (5,806)
- Top 5 NFT Analytics Platforms by Julian Richter January 1, 2022 (5,254)
- Polkadot Ecosystem Overview by Julian Richter September 10, 2021 (4,286)
- Best 90 Crypto OTC Trading Desks by Julian Richter October 25, 2021 (3,167)
- Cosmos Network Ecosystem Overview by Julian Richter June 15, 2021 (2,412)
- NFT and Metaverse Ecosystem Overview by Julian Richter November 25, 2021 (2,337)
- Top 15 DeFi Dashboards by Julian Richter August 23, 2021 (2,287)
- Cosmos Network Projects by Julian Richter December 4, 2021 (2,238)
- June 7, 2022
- May 31, 2022
- April 27, 2022
- April 23, 2022
- December 28, 2021
- December 20, 2021
- April 8, 2022
- April 3, 2022
- March 18, 2022
- October 20, 2021
- October 4, 2021
- September 23, 2021
Market-leading solution for your digital assets.
Reliable white-label blockchain custody suite since 2018.
- White-Label Custody
- Warm – and Cold-Wallet Suite
- Made in Germany
- Supervised by BaFin
- API & cloud-first strategy
- Crypto and Tokenization Custodian
- Insured Custody Suite
- Custody of Top 30 Blockchains
- Staking for Top 30 Tokens, also Solana and Polkadot