Join the Cosmos Hackatom
Join the Cosmos Hackatom – until 8th of December!
- The Cosmos Hackatom is live and will last until the 8th of December 2021 – hurry up and win up to 1 Mio. USD in prizes and grants. All the developers out there, register for the Cosmos Hackatom and build the future of a multi-chain Web 3 world via IBC (Inter Blockchain Communication).
What is the Hackatom?
- A hackathon is an event that is usually hosted by a tech organization, that invites developers and programmers to contribute their work over a short period of time, often collaborating on a project together. HackAtom VI lasts for one month and all submissions must be received by Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 19:00 CET. Hackathons usually take the shape of a competition to incentivize participants to produce their best work.
How to participate in the Hackatom?
- Join the Cosmos Network Hackatom here.
How long wil the Hackatom last?
- The HackAtom VI event will last for one month online with two additional in-person events.
- The first event is in Berlin (HackAtom VI warmup) Oct 29, and the second, the Official Opening Ceremony, is in Lisbon on Nov 11.
- Online registrations open on Wednesday, October 27, at 19:00 CET. The hacking phase begins on November 11 and lasts until December 8 when the submissions are due. The Winners are announced on December 16.
What is the Cosmos Network?
- Cosmos is a rapidly expanding ecosystem of independent interconnected blockchains built using developer-friendly application components and connected with the ground-breaking Inter-Blockchain Communication protocol (IBC). There are currently more than 250 blockchain apps and services in the Cosmos network, including Binance Chain, Terra, Crypto.org, Cosmos Hub, and Osmosis, with over $120 billion of digital assets under management.
- All Cosmos chains are built using environmentally-friendly Proof-of-Stake (PoS) technology, which allows them to be highly sustainable and scalable with an estimated 99% lower carbon footprint than leading Proof-of-Work (PoW) blockchains. With Cosmos, developers can build entirely autonomous application-specific blockchains that can easily interconnect, self-govern, follow their own economic models with low transaction fees, and scale for mainstream adoption.
How much is the prize pool – which use cases are supported?
- The Hackatom prize pool is at 1 Mio. USD, that’s a big number.
Grand prize 25K
Community Award Prize 10K
Ethereum on Cosmos 100k
Starport improvements 200k
Interoperability IBC 250k
End-User Apps 200k
DeFi on Cosmos 200k
Gaming on Cosmos SDK 100K
Earth Sustainability 200k
Read more about the Hackatom and Cosmos?
Participate in the Hackatom here.
Find the Cosmos Developer Chat here!
Follow the Comsos Hackatom on Twitter.
Learn more about the Cosmos Hackatom in this blog post.
- This is very exciting, one month Cosmos Hackatom with a lot of support from the Cosmos community. We are looking forward to the outcome of this Hackathon and the new use cases for Cosmos the whole IBC ecosystem.
Cosmos Network Map 2021 by DezentralizedFinance.com:
- Learn more about the existing Cosmos Network projects in the Cosmos Network Ecosystem Map 2021.
DezentralizedFinance.com is a supporter of the Cosmos Network Ecosystem!
Cosmos Network most important links:
- Cosmos Hackatom: https://twitter.com/hack4atom / https://hackatom.org/
- Cosmos Airdrops: https://twitter.com/Cosmos_Airdrops
- Cosmos Website: https://cosmos.network/
- Tendermint Website: https://tendermint.com/
- Stargate Website: https://stargate.cosmos.network/resources
- IBC Protocol: https://ibcprotocol.org/
- Cosmos ecosystem: https://cosmos.network/ecosystem/apps/
- Cosmos ecosystem price: https://www.coingecko.com/de/categories/cosmos-ecosystem
- CosmosYoutube: https://www.youtube.com/c/CosmosProject
- Cosmos Explorer: https://www.mintscan.io/cosmos
- Cosmos Validators: https://hub.cosmos.network/main/validators/validator-faq.html
- Cosmos Hub: https://hub.cosmos.network/main/hub-overview/overview.html
- Medium: https://medium.com/tendermint/tagged/cosmos-network
- Telegram: https://t.me/cosmosproject
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/vcExX9T
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cosmos
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cosmosnetwork
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/tendermint/
- Blog: https://blog.cosmos.network/
- Forum: https://forum.cosmos.network/c/cosmos-sdk/14
- Cosmos SDK: https://tendermint.com/sdk/
- Cosmos Github: https://github.com/cosmos/cosmos
- Interchain Github: https://github.com/cosmos/ibc
- Bug Bounty Program: https://hackerone.com/tendermint?type=team
- Documents: https://docs.cosmos.network/
- Cosmos Wallet: https://cosmos.network/ecosystem/wallets
- Cosmos Newsletter: https://v1.cosmos.network/newsletters
- Build on Cosmos and apply for Grants: https://v1.cosmos.network/contributors
- Cosmos Tutorials: https://tutorials.cosmos.network/
- Cosmos start building: https://v1.cosmos.network/sdk
- Cosmos Marketing and Community: https://v1.cosmos.network/community
- Cosmos Jobs: https://jobs.cosmos.network/
- Cosmos Staking: Guide
- Cosmos white paper: https://v1.cosmos.network/resources/whitepaper
- Cosmos Roadmap: https://stargate.cosmos.network/
- Cosmos Content: https://twitter.com/Cryptocito
- Cosmos Content: https://twitter.com/defitimes
Learn more about Cosmos Network airdrops:
- The Cosmos Airdrops image below is provided by the Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Cosmos_Airdrops
- Thank you for sharing the Cosmos insights – we hope you can make ALPHA out of it.
Conclusion – Join the Cosmos Hackatom:
- Cosmos is a multi-chain ecosystem where a lot of new projects are evolving and the whole IBC ecosystem is growing. DezentralizedFinance.com recommends joining the Cosmos Hackatom and learning more about IBC, Tendermint, Cosmos, and all the amazing projects which use the multi-chain layer one of the Cosmos Hub.
- If you have questions please reach out to us via LinkedIn or Twitter.
We hope you will enjoy your Cosmos Network and IBC journey with DezentralizedFinance.com!
- Find more valuable information about Cosmos Network Ecosystem and Cosmos Links to follow at DezentralizedFinance.com.
- RISK DISCLAIMER: All information presented above is meant for informational purposes only and should not be treated as financial, legal, or tax advice. This article’s content solely reflects the opinion of the writer, who is not a financial advisor. Do your own research before you purchase cryptocurrencies. Any cryptocurrency can go down in value. Holding cryptocurrencies is risky.