Digital Custody Market Overview 2021
What is Digital Custody?
- Digital Custody means providing a top-notch wallet infrastructure (HSM or MPC) and safekeeping the sensitive private keys in the own highly secure technical infrastructure for your clients. That can be B2B clients or individuals. Some Service Providers offer a warm-wallet solution 24/7 accessible or an air-gapped cold-wallet solution. Digital Custodians operate in general in a regulated environment and need to get the relevant licenses like the “Crypto Custody License” in Germany. There is also a huge market for Tech-Providers which provide a highly secure wallet infrastructure, mostly for B2B clients. A lot of the regulated Digital Custodians are customers of these Tech-Providers. A wallet infrastructure is a base layer for every blockchain or crypto use case, the requests for these services are increasing on a constant basis, as many financial companies are building crypto and tokenization use cases at the moment (summer 2021).
Digital Custody Map 2021
- The Digital Custody Map 2021 by DezentralizedFinance shows you all relevant Digital Custodians and Tech-Provider globally. Here you will find the latest version.
- All Digital Custody and Tech-Providers can be found also in the Custody list below in this blog post.
Highlighted Digital Custodian: Tangany GmbH from Germany
- Tangany provides a regulated white-label custody solution (wallet-as-a-service) for digital assets. The Custody Suite is developed in-house in Germany and consists of a warm-wallet and cold-wallet Suite and is used by professional B2B clients. Tangany is very focused on Crypto but also Tokenization custody services. If you want to learn more about the Tangany Custody Suite you can reach out directly to Julian Richter via LinkedIn or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all relevant Crypto & Blockchain Custody Providers in this list – by DezentralizedFinance.com
- This Custody market list gives you an extensive overview of different Digital Custodians and Tech-Providers from different continents. It separates Custody- and Tech-Providers from Europe, Asia, and the US. Moreover, it divides the custody services into Digital Custodians (*Offers digital custody services for their clients in a regulated environment) and Tech-Providers (**Tech-stack providers for wallet-infrastructure services). Digital Custodians operate in general under a license in a regulated environment. Tech-Providers offer a wallet-infrastructure tech-stack for different target groups. A lot of the regulated Custody Providers use the wallet infrastructure of Tech-Provider companies.
- The Digital Custody list is structured as follows: Name of the Provider, Website of the Provider (with a link to the website), Region (Europe, Asia or US), classification as Custodian or/and Tech-Provider, LinkedIn and Twitter links.
Summary: Digital Custody Market 2021
- Digital Custody and the usage of a wallet infrastructure is the base layer of every blockchain startup or crypto/tokenization use case. You can always offer a non-custodial wallet for your clients, but by using this solution your clients need a lot of technical knowledge and awareness of updating the wallet infrastructure from time to time and safekeeping the private key on their end. With that comes a high responsibility on the client’s end. We believe that both solutons “non-custodial” and “custodial” wallets have their right to exist side by side, depending on the use case.
- In this blog post, you get a wide overview of different Digital Custodians and Tech-Providers in a register and Custody map. By clicking on the Provider logos you can get easy access to the website or their LinkedIn / Twitter profile. We hope that this lists helping you with your research and selecting the right Custody Provider for your use case. The global Custody market is evolving fast and the scope of services is changing regularly. New protocols / networks are added to the custody tech-stack and new services (OTC Trading, API Trading, Liquidity Providing, Fiat-Onramp, Staking Services, Lending, DeFi-solutions) leverage the use cases of their clients. DezentralizedFinance will keep you up to date with these new developments. The map and list are updated on a regular basis.
- We are looking forward to your qualified feedback. If you are missing some relevant providers, please let us know.